The purpose of this webpage is a place where I can write down our trips and experiences. This allows me the time to reflect after a trip and figure out what I enjoyed and what went well. Hopefully the posts will inspire you to get out there to try it yourself and give you some idea of how to plan and what to expect.
While our current situation is relatively stable and we have the skills to ensure our financial stability going forward, my efforts here remain a hobby. The work put into the site is very time consuming so I am limited by my day job. Helping the site grow or supporting us just provides that much more motivation in how I divide my time.
If you enjoyed the content here and would like to see more, there are some ways to support us.
help us grow
The biggest thing is to just help our website grow by bring traffic to the site, mostly by subscribing or sharing our content.
1) Subscribe to notifications from our webpage by entering your email below.
2) Subscribe to our youtube page.
3) Follow us social media:
causes we support
If you’d like to support us financially, I’d first recommend donating it to support racial equality (BLM). If traveling has taught me anything is that there are many out there that aren’t as fortunate as us.
An example from Halfway Anywhere’s PCT survey results is how the thru-hiking community still isn’t close to representing the population of US:
Alternatively, consider donating to the conservation of our natural resources and lands allows us to see the magnificent scenery nature as to offer (suggestions by outsideonline).
After that, if your goal is to have us put out more content or directly access our time, then here is how you can contribute.
1) I started a Patreon page, with the goal of opening up the direction of our travels and my time spent on this site to the supporters. Additionally, this is the best way to get my undivided attention should you have questions or want me to consult on your future travel and hiking plans.
- Patreon voted write up of past trip reports
- Patreon voted hikes and subsequent reports within reason
- Zoom session helping you plan your trip or hike
- Zoom session answering travel
- Weekly updates
- I’d welcome other ideas, feel free to leave in the comments
I’m not sure I’d ever produce any exclusive content beyond updates, but I am not above being the dancing monkey. So I’m game for goal driven content.
2) Use our amazon affiliate link when you make purchases.
3) Lastly, I have a paypal link where you can contribute whatever you like.